Our Cologne-based client and 2019’s best place to work in Germany, a lifestyle and personal development brand (Think Ted Talks!) are on the lookout for a Software engineer to join their growing international team.
After 6 years of hosting successful live events (with the likes of Barack Obama speaking) the team have shifted focus on becoming a tech-oriented company and are currently developing their web and mobile platforms with the main goal to empower as many people as possible to take control of their lives, pursue their goals and become the best version of themselves!
It is a great opportunity to work in an international team of like-minded individuals focused on producing the best quality experience for the users. If you’re looking to step outside of your comfort zone, challenge the status quo and work alongside some inspiring human beings then read on.
- Write clean, maintainable and testable code.
- Work cohesively with the team– A team player who can give and share feedback as well as partake in cross-functional discussions
- Follow an agile environment – Working autonomously in a small team with a variety of values and frameworks.
- Passionate about your personal and professional development – with the aim to not only help customers take their lives to the next level, but also strive to do the same for yourself.
- Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 3 years experience with TypeScript, React and Node.js
- Experience with React Native
- Extensive knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Familiarity with software engineering best practices (clean code, code review, test-driven development)
- Working experience with cloud providers (Google Cloud, AWS or Azure)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a strong advantage
- Worked previously in ‘agile’ team(s)
- Strong command of English and clear communication skills
- A thirst for knowledge – You never want to stop learning
- Flexible work hours
- Casual dress code
- Free snacks, lunch, fruits, coffee, beers, sodas
- Relocation package
- Health and well-being budget
- Personal and professional development courses
- Yearly team building trips
- Offices in the heart of Cologne
- Competitive salary